The National Association of Realtors® Ethics requirements has changed to a three-year cycle, effective immediately!
The current Ethics requirement cycle is January 2022 - December 31, 2024.
As a member of RRAR, you are also a member of the National Association of Realtors® and are required to complete a course in Ethics to remain a member in good standing.
Did you know that all RRAR Association Members must take a course in Ethics?
Did you also know that everyone takes this course during the same three-year time period?
The current time frame for taking a course in Ethics is January 2022 - December 31, 2024. Failure to complete an Ethics course during this time period will result in the suspension of membership services and benefits at the local, state, and national levels.
You may take a course in Ethics at any school. However, if you take it somewhere other than at RRAR, then you will need to send a copy of your Certificate of Completion to [email protected].
We do not share a database with any other school or the NC Real Estate Commission, so please send us proof!
There are several options to fulfill the Code of Ethics requirement:
- Take a four-hour classroom elective course in Ethics
- This will count as your elective for the year
- Take a four-hour online elective course.
- Take the two and half hour RRAR new member orientation Ethics for $25
- DOES NOT give you elective credit. Please call membership to register at 919-654-5400. This is offered on the first and third Monday of the month
- Take a free Ethics course through NAR
- DOES NOT give you elective credit. Click to participate.
If you are an appraiser and do not need CE elective credit, you should opt for taking the 2 ½ hour course at the NAR website. As a member of The National Association of REALTORS®, you are required to take a realtor-approved ethics course. The USPAP does not count toward this requirement.