Growth is an important part of every real estate professional’s personal development. Without growth, you can become stagnant and irrelevant. There are multiple opportunities, across the state and online, for REALTORS® to grow in their profession, business, and life. By earning specialty designations, staying on top of the latest real estate trends and best practices, and participating in continuing education opportunities, you can increase your earning potential and build better relationships with your clients.
The GRI Designation
Earning the Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation is a way to stand out to prospective home buyers and sellers as a trusted resource and a REALTOR® who has in-depth knowledge on the fundamentals of real estate. GRI is the most recognized professional designation in the real estate industry.
The designation requires 60 hours to complete; 48 of these hours are from Core Courses.
- Live Core Courses (32 hours)
- The four live core courses are required to complete the designation. Local associations around the state host the courses throughout the year.
- Online Core Courses (16 hours)
- The four online core courses are required to complete the designation. You can take them at any time and you can take up to 45 days to complete each course.
- Elective Hours (12 Hours)
To learn more about the GRI Designation, please visit NC REALTORS® GRI Center
Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist (CLHMS)
The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing is the premier independent authority in training and designation for real estate agents working in the luxury residential market.
The Institute exists to help real estate professionals provide high quality service to the buyers and sellers of luxury homes and in doing so, maximize their own success in the upper-tier residential market. Institute training and membership is open to luxury home and estate agents regardless of firm or brand affiliation.
For more information, please visit CLHMS Homepage.
Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®)
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer's agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients. When you decide to earn your ABR®, you gain:
- Valuable real estate education that elevates your skills and knowledge in the eyes of homebuyers.
- Ongoing specialized information, programs and updates that help you stay on top of the issues and trends in successfully representing homebuyers.
- Access to REBAC members-only marketing tools and resources, which provide an additional competitive edge.
For more information, please visit ABR Homepage.
Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
The CIPS designation is for REALTORS® from the United States and abroad, as well as association staff and volunteer leaders who wish to develop or grow their international real estate business. It will provide you with the knowledge, research, network, and tools to globalize your business.
CIPS Designation will come to RRAR in August, 2019. For more information about the designation, please visit CIPS Homepage.