The North Carolina Small Business/Nonprofit Initiative will match qualifying small businesses or nonprofits with 25 or fewer employees with NC firms for assistance. Pro bono lawyers will be matched to offer a free 45-minute phone or virtual legal consultation, helping these small business owners or nonprofits navigate the CARES Act, or questions related to employment, contracts, commercial leases, insurance, and insolvency issues. Interpretation is available in Spanish.
Who is eligible:
- North Carolina Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Must have 25 or less employees
- Have been affected by COVID-19
What types of legal questions:
This clinic is to help small businesses and nonprofits with their legal needs that have arisen due to COVID-19. Areas of law that we are offering services include:
- Federal funding opportunities under the CARES ACT including Payroll Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) programs.
- Commercial Lease issues (NC eviction moratoriums, lease amendments, landlord issues)
- Employment Law issues (Paid Family and Medical Leave, Unemployment, Furloughs, etc)
- Insurance questions
- Bankruptcy & Dissolution
How do I schedule an appointment with a lawyer?
Fill out our Client Screening Form online.
Email [email protected].